Improving Healthcare Access for Rural Patients
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2022
Rural patients are still lacking insurance at a higher rate than non-rural patients.
Statistically, patients with inadequate health coverage may delay or forgo medical care due to financial concerns. This includes “underinsured” patients whose health plans can leave them with high out-of-pocket costs that they cannot afford to pay.
Rural patients face other barriers to healthcare access, which may include:
- Living long distances from healthcare facilities/specialists.
- Provider shortages.
- Rural facility service cutbacks.
- Rural hospital closures.
Hope for Rural Healthcare: Improving Healthcare Access for Rural Patients
Addressing potential financial issues for rural patients and their healthcare organizations can significantly improve healthcare access.
Our proprietary screening software, AdvocatorAI, can empower your employees to assist uninsured patients with identifying existing health coverage or alternate funding sources for their medical bills.
By doing so, you can drastically reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket medical expenses for your patients.
Most importantly, you can provide them with the peace of mind that health insurance or financial assistance brings so that monetary worries no longer inhibit them from accessing care.
Furthermore, you will reduce uncompensated care to improve your revenue cycle and better ensure you won’t have to cut back on services and your providers can continue serving your patients and community.
EligibilityAdvocates can help you improve healthcare access for rural patients by enhancing the financial outlook of your patients, your organization, and your community.
Here are just a few reasons to choose EligibilityAdvocates as your rural facility’s partner in patient eligibility services:
- We operate as an extension of your team, not a replacement: We do not want to take jobs away from your community; we are here to assist your current team members by providing access to resources such as industry-leading technology, clearinghouses, and a support team at our business office for follow-up.
- All accounts are worked: Our follow-up team works all accounts no matter the balance and all unlinked accounts are closed within 30 days, keeping your A/R days down.
- Our state-of-the-art technology is designed to serve you and your patients: Utilizing AdvocatorAI, your staff can screen patients to find health coverage or program eligibility in real time while increasing patient engagement and supporting patient advocacy through financial counseling and assistance.
- Our real-time online reporting platform provides account transparency: Drill down to account-specific detail at any time and easily download reports.
- Don’t miss out on valuable out-of-state Medicaid reimbursement: We can bill and follow up on out-of-state Medicaid accounts on behalf of your facility and are experienced in all 50+ state Medicaid programs.
- We believe in impacting communities, one patient at a time: Read our Community Impact Stories to learn how we are making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our complementary goals of promoting patient advocacy and protecting the financial viability of your rural facility go hand-in-hand. Let’s work together and empower your team to break down barriers to healthcare access.
Connect with us. Together, we can begin improving healthcare access for rural patients in your community.